Child custody and access, child support, spousal support and property division.
Our goal is to help you understand the laws that are affecting you during the time of a family breakdown, guide you through the process and work together to come to a satisfactory resolution.
We will assist you with child custody and access, child support, spousal support and property division. We encourage alternative dispute resolution methods such as negotiation or mediation when dealing with these issues. These approaches allow you to retain some degree of control over the process and eventual outcome. By utilizing these methods, the process takes less time, minimizes stress and will usually cost considerably less than going to Trial. Despite these approaches, there are certain situations which do require proceeding to court and possibly trial. No matter which approach you choose, we will represent your interests to the fullest extent.
We also assist with the completion of cohabitation agreements, marriage contracts and separation agreements.
Lyons Law will also assist families when children have been removed from the home by the Children’s Aid Society.
Legal Aid: In an attempt to allow low-income families access to justice, we accept Legal Aid clients for Family Law cases as well cases involving the Children’s Aid Society (Child Protection cases).
- Free Legal Advice with Legal Aid: 1-800-668-8258
- Family Law Information Centres - Advice Lawyers - 1-800-668-8258
- Ontario Association for Family Mediation
- Family Mediation Services
- Office of the Children’s Lawyer
- Dalhousie Place - Arranging Visits and Exchanges
- Six Nations Child and Family Services: 519-445-0230
- 211 Ontario for a referral to social, health and related services in your community.
For Domestic Violence cases